SimHeads: Simulation Sports Gaming Forums
Simulation Sports Video Games forums, news, reviews for APF 2K8, Madden, Joe Montana 16, NBA 2K, FIFA, MLB The Show, ESPN 2K Football and more.
Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Wild Card Weekend Available NowOfficial Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Wild Card Weekend Available Now The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for Wild Card weekend is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams. You can...
PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available NowPES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now PES 2017 Data Pack 2.0 is available now, featuring Anfield, home stadium of and Allianz Parque of Palmeiras, as well as Liverpool FC's classic kits,...
Gran Turismo Sport Introduces New Visual Enhancements & Drastic Audio ImprovementsGran Turismo Sport Introduces New Visual Enhancements & Drastic Audio Improvements Check out the latest, introducing the techniques used to achieve the new visual enhancements for the PlayStation 4 exclusive, ]scheduled to...
Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17 Sony announced today on the PlayStation Blog that they are partnering with the ESL to launch a new tournaments feature on the PS4. The first major tournament being held will be played on NBA 2K17.
NBA 2K17 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PC, Patch Notes IncludedNBA 2K17 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PC, Patch Notes Included NBA 2K17 patch 1.03 is available now for PC users. Patch notes can be seen below.
PES 2017 ReviewPES 2017 Review After the dust settled and the honeymoon phase was over, Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2016 quickly lost its appeal. Despite being more responsive all the while adding more animations and Player ID, PES 2016 suffered from end-to-end gameplay due to a lack of fouls and some curious/poor AI defending. As news slowly rolled in regarding the 2017 edition, consumers like myself were cautiously...
NHL 17 ReviewNHL 17 Review The transition of EA Sports' NHL series to the current generation of consoles has been a storied tale thus far. We arrive at the third iteration in the cycle with NHL 17, and it finds itself in the fortunate position of being born out of a period of stability. Unlike last year, there are no significant wrongs to be righted, and the outpouring of fan unhappiness stemming back to NHL 15 has...
NBA 2K17 MyCAREER Blog with Senior Producer Ben BishopNBA 2K17 MyCAREER Blog with Senior Producer Ben Bishop Hi everyone! My name is Ben Bishop, and Im a Senior Producer here at Visual Concepts. I spend most of my time working on all things MyCAREER, so Im here to fill you in on the new and exciting changes we made for the mode in NBA 2K17.
NBA 2K17 Face Scanning App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives on Sept. 8 For iOS & AndroidNBA 2K17 Face Scanning App (MyNBA2K17) Arrives on Sept. 8 For iOS & Android Fans of NBA 2K17 on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will be able to scan their faces into the game with the upcoming mobile companion app, MyNBA2K17. Scheduled to arrive on September 8, the app also includes the collectible NBA 2K themed card game, MyTEAM Mobile, which allows players to collect their favorite NBA player cards and...
PES 2017 Ships on September 13, More Details, Modes, Screenshots RevealedPES 2017 Ships on September 13, More Details, Modes, Screenshots Revealed Konami has announced and revealed additional details and modes for the game.
The Golf Club VR Patch 1.07 Available, Full Details Here
HB Studios have released The Golf Club VR patch 1.07, check out the full details below. Currently the game is only available on PC via Steam, compatible with the HTC Vive.
The past two weeks we have been putting a lot of focus on the gameplay physics and club tuning based on community feedback. With this update youre going to see a big difference in the way the ball lands and rolls on the greens. We have addressed the issue of the ball shooting backwards with back spin and stopping abruptly, you should also see better bounces. We have also made individual tuning to each club for Casual and Amateur difficulties.
- Addressed clipping issues with the range finder.
- Addressed crashes that were reported by users.
- Addressed issues progressing through the tutorial.
- Replaced missing textures so there should be no more pink boxes.
Gaming News New NHL 17 Roster Update Available (12-15)
New NHL 17 Roster Update Available (12-15)
Another NHL 17 roster update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, updating the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA. You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below. GOING UP
- Connor McDavid +4 (Overall 92)
- Devan Dubnyk +2 (Overall 90)
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson +1 (Overall 90)
- Tuukka Rask +1 (Overall 90)
- Nikita Kucherov +2 (Overall 90)
- Mark Scheifele +2 (Overall 89)
- Brad Marchand +1 (Overall 88)
- Alex Galchenyuk +1 (Overall 88)
- Jeff Skinner +1 (Overall 87)
- Nick Foligno +1 (Overall 87)
- Artemi Panarin +1 (Overall 87)
- Cam Atkinson +2 (Overall 87)
- Auston Matthews +1 (Overall 86)
- Semyon Varlamov -2 (Overall 88)
- Artemi Panarin -1 (Overall 87)
- Sean Monahan -1 (Overall 87)
- Boone Jenner -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Plekanec -1 (Overall 86)
- Kyle Palmieri -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Tatar -1 (Overall 86)
- Brandon Dubinsky -1 (Overall 86)
- Steve Mason -2 (Overall 86)
- In the NHL 17 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by 'Date & Time' under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters
Last weekend at Sony’s latest PlayStation Experience event we were trated to the first meaty trailer for MLB The Show 17. Some of the interesting tidbits found in the trailer include a new historical stadium (Yankee Stadium 1973-2008), new legends (Roberto Alomar and Jason Giambi in addition to Ken Griffey Jr.), and a glimpse at the brand new ‘Retro Mode.’ In this segment from Bullpen Banter, my weekly broadcast centered on MLB The Show, I’m joined by Operation Sports moderator MillenniumOS and SnaggleJ to sort through the trailer and point out every detail of interest to fans of the series that can be identified. You can watch the entire episode of Bullpen Banter on YouTube.com/ThatSportsGamer and check out the show live on Twitch every Monday night at 10ET. Continue reading...
Gaming News Handball 17 Review (PC)
Handball 17 Review (PC)
It's always pleasing to see virtually underrepresented sports getting full-blown game releases in this day and age. In the case of Handball 17, the game marks the second iteration of a re-branded series that got off to a disappointingly rocky start 12 months ago, suffering a generally negative reception from critics and fans alike. Read More - Handball 17 Review (PC) - Written by: Fraser Gilbert Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=851
Gaming News PES 2017 PS4 Pro 4K Update Available Now
November 25, 2016 Topic Discussion: What Do We Mean By Sim?
Sim is a tough word to define. When you think you've figured 'sim' out, the definition is presented in a different way by someone else and you are left starting all over again on a quest to understand it. My journey started in the earlier days of sports gaming with sim meaning something akin to balance and avoiding taking advantages of a game's unfixable flaws which created imbalances. It also meant forcing yourself to do crazy things like have to run the ball in Madden. Today, with games a lot more balanced (but not perfectly so) it seems to be morphing into another definition entirely. Balance is still key, avoiding some flaws and money plays is still important, but the overall thought of 'simness' seems to be a little different than it was before. I typically use a self-LOL inducing phrase, 'not sim' when something extraordinary happens in sports these days. Kevin Love gets 34 points in a quarter? Not sim. Some of the Big XII offenses of the past few years? Definitely not sim. Aroldis Chapman throwing 105 mph? Nah, not sim. But yes, they're all real events that really happen in sports. The unexpected becomes the expected quite often, which is why many of us keep coming back to sports in the first place. So what about you? How do you handle the sports uncertainty principle while still desiring a simulation experience? Where do you draw the line at sim vs. not sim? Sound off in the comments! MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=897742
New NHL 17 Patch Available Now, Full Details Here
A new NHL 17 patch is scheduled to arrive today. Check out the patch notes below. UPDATE: The patch is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now. GAMEPLAY
- Added 11 new goal celebrations to the creation zone.
- Fixed an issue where a user goalie would get stuck after getting hit while in butterfly.
- Fixed an issue where after an icing the puck it would sometimes cause human players to sit on the bench for the next play.
- Fixed some issues where a goalie would get stuck in a post lean away from the post.
- Added new post lean saves for more coverage.
- Improved goalie post lean logic so goaltenders to try and make saves that keep them sealed on the post to prevent short side goals.
- Fixed an issue where some signature stances caused the goalies glove hand to push back behind their pad when holding the puck idle on their stick.
- Fixed issues with shot animations when in close to the net.
- Updated User goalie save logic to help them move into a save when they are requesting to push/move first.
- Added functionality to allow goalies to rotate more when coming off the post from VH to butterfly to make them more square to the puck.
- Updates to User goalie save logic on wraparounds based on requested motion.
- Updates to User goalie save delay when in good position to make a blocking save.
- Fixed an issue where a goalie would sometimes drop to butterfly when in possession of the puck on a User requested pass attempt.
- Improved the reliability of one timers by adding quicker snapshots for situations where there isn't enough time to take a full slapshot.
- Fixed an issue where precision skating would sometimes conflict with a loose puck deke attempt at a slow speed. Now if...
NBA 2K17 Steps Up Its Game With New Fitbit Integration
2K announced today NBA 2K17, the latest iteration of the #1 NBA video game series*, and Fitbit have partnered together on an unprecedented connected health initiative, which will reward healthy activity through in-game NBA 2K17 rewards. Starting on November 25, NBA 2K17 will enable players around the world to cross over and connect their Fitbit tracker and will receive in-game boosts when players reach a target of 10,000 steps per day. Specifically, after users reach the steps milestone, the game will prompt them to apply temporary +5 attribute boosts and success rate to their MyPLAYER in categories like agility, layups and dunks, and more that will significantly improve performance for the next five games played that day. 2K and Fitbit hope to encourage a healthy lifestyle while rewarding the fans of the game in a new unique, innovative way. This partnership breaks down the boundaries between in-game training and real life, players can reap the benefits of their personal training with their MyPLAYERs performance in the game. Its an extra incentive for fans to get out and reach their target steps per day as it gives them an edge in NBA 2K17. Read the full press release below. The NBA 2K17 fitbit integration makes it easy for players to temporarily boost their career players abilities by simply keeping active in the real world. NBA 2K17s MyPLAYER Inventory feature is where users customize their MyPlayers by equipping new on and off court clothing, new animations, shoes, accessories as well as see their MyPlayers overall attribute progress. All 2K17 users will see the fitbit menu option on the top page of the MyPLAYER inventory. When users select the fitbit option for the first time, a sell sheet will explain where to go to register their fitbit trackers and provide a brief rundown of how the feature works....
Steering a Course for the Future of the FIFA Series
A few weeks back we covered the current state of affairs as it relates to FIFA 17. With the baseline set and significant time pumped into FIFA 17, its time to carve a path moving forward with a vision of how we, Operation Sports, would like to see FIFA go. Read More - Steering a Course for the Future of the FIFA Series MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2636
Do You Create A Fictional Character or Yourself in Sports Game Career Modes?
Do you create yourself to play in Sports Game career modes or do you roll with a fictional character you've made up? Some sports game career modes have made the choice for you obviously -- but others give you the freedom to create whomever you'd like. What do you do? Do you create yourself in your sports games or do you create a character out of your imagination with its own attributes and personality? Let us know what you do and how you approach these modes. MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=896813
Page 1 of 40