SimHeads: Simulation Sports Gaming Forums
Simulation Sports Video Games forums, news, reviews for APF 2K8, Madden, Joe Montana 16, NBA 2K, FIFA, MLB The Show, ESPN 2K Football and more.
Mutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing DriveMutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing Drive The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol' American-style team sports. The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of...
MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep DiveMLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Gameplay, Animations & Retro-Mode Deep Dive Sony Interactive Entertainment has just started their MLB The Show 17 Twitch stream.
Why We Need Stronger Franchise ModesWhy We Need Stronger Franchise Modes As a lifelong Houston sports fan, franchise modes have been my bread and butter. Conjectures and what-could-have-beens can finally be realized in a digital testing environment. My beloved Texans can play the 2017 season again as if we had never signed Brock Osweiler. My beloved Astros can play the next 15 seasons with Kris Bryant drafted instead of Mark Appel. What if I was...
Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Wild Card Weekend Available NowOfficial Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Wild Card Weekend Available Now The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for Wild Card weekend is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams. You can...
PES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available NowPES 2017 Data Pack 2 Available Now PES 2017 Data Pack 2.0 is available now, featuring Anfield, home stadium of and Allianz Parque of Palmeiras, as well as Liverpool FC's classic kits,...
Gran Turismo Sport Introduces New Visual Enhancements & Drastic Audio ImprovementsGran Turismo Sport Introduces New Visual Enhancements & Drastic Audio Improvements Check out the latest, introducing the techniques used to achieve the new visual enhancements for the PlayStation 4 exclusive, ]scheduled to...
Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17Sony Enters E-Sports Arena, Launches Tournaments Feature - Starting with NBA 2K17 Sony announced today on the PlayStation Blog that they are partnering with the ESL to launch a new tournaments feature on the PS4. The first major tournament being held will be played on NBA 2K17.
NBA 2K17 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PC, Patch Notes IncludedNBA 2K17 Patch 1.03 Available Now For PC, Patch Notes Included NBA 2K17 patch 1.03 is available now for PC users. Patch notes can be seen below.
PES 2017 ReviewPES 2017 Review After the dust settled and the honeymoon phase was over, Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) 2016 quickly lost its appeal. Despite being more responsive all the while adding more animations and Player ID, PES 2016 suffered from end-to-end gameplay due to a lack of fouls and some curious/poor AI defending. As news slowly rolled in regarding the 2017 edition, consumers like myself were cautiously...
NHL 17 ReviewNHL 17 Review The transition of EA Sports' NHL series to the current generation of consoles has been a storied tale thus far. We arrive at the third iteration in the cycle with NHL 17, and it finds itself in the fortunate position of being born out of a period of stability. Unlike last year, there are no significant wrongs to be righted, and the outpouring of fan unhappiness stemming back to NHL 15 has...
Gaming News Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions
Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions
Shortly after my Throwback Thursday article on Mutant League Football, the sports gaming gods answered all of our prayers. One of the most beloved sports games of the early '90s, is finally getting remade. Thanks to the help of a bunch of die-hard fans, creator Michael Mendheim was able to reach his $60,000 Kickstarter goal. If you have yet to donate and are still interested in doing so, click the link here. After making a small donation to MFLs Kickstarter, I received a code to play the game in pre-alpha. Here are my thoughts on a very, very early build of Mutant Football League (MFL). Read More - Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2694
Forza Motorsport 6 Content Update Arrives Today, Improvements For eSports & Forza RC
Turn10 Studios has released another Forza Motorsport 6 content update today, bringing even more flexibility and features to the game. This update is designed to enhance the multiplayer and spectating experiences in Forza Motorsport 6, for eSports and more specifically the second season of the Forza Racing Championship (ForzaRC). Hosting & Manual Grid Ordering With todays update, a player who starts an online private lobby in multiplayer has hosting privileges which allows them to take advantage of new features. First up, there is now a manual method for ordering the grid before a race begins. When in a private online lobby, the host can manually set the grid order for a race. To do so, select Game Options from the menu and then scroll to the Advanced Rules screen and look for the Grid Ordering option. From there, you can choose Manual from the list of options. With Manual grid ordering, the host has the option to manually place lobby players in any order by moving them up and down the grid order with the Right Stick. Note that lobby players who are set to Spectate when a race begins will automatically be pushed to the end of the order, while participating racers will move up the grid order accordingly. Once the grid has been organized, the host sets the race to begin by pressing the X button. Just before loading into the race after the countdown, players will be presented with a final confirmation screen. From this screen, the host can make any final adjustments to the grid order (once again using the right stick), cancel the launch, or start the race. Grid Preview Now you can get a detailed view of the starting grid before the race begins. The host of a private lobby can take advantage of...
Rocket League Patch 1.29 Available Now, Adds PS4 Pro 4K Support & More
Rocket League patch 1.29 is available now, adding 4K support for the PlayStation 4 Pro. Check out some of the details below, full patch notes are at the official website.
- The Hot Wheels Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker Battle-Cars are now available for purchase in the Showroom
- Rocket League now supports PS4 Pro with 4K rendering
- Players Choice Crate Series 1 has been added. This crate includes community favorite items voted on by the players
Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below. Gameplay
- Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
- Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
- Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
- Fixed issue where QBs could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
- Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
- Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
- Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
- Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
- Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
- Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
- Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
- Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
- Fixed a variety of players freezing issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
- Tuned up fumble chances on precision dive over top and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
- Fixed an issue where...
NBA 2K17 Patch 1.08 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
NBA 2K17 patch 1.08 is available now on the PlayStation 4. Once we confirm it is available on the Xbox One, we will update this post. Check out the patch notes below. GENERAL
- Fixed an issue that would cause some users to sit on the team logo screen during startup for an extended period of time.
- Corrected a case where users were able to upgrade their MyPLAYER outside of the constraints of their selected archetype.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing offensive strategies from running properly during gameplay.
- Difficulty level for MyTEAM Play With Friends games has been changed to All-Star.
- Fixed a case where some Grand Badges were incorrectly negating the effectiveness of other Grand Badges they should not have.
- Addressed a hang that could occur during a Park After Dark event when leaving and re-entering the event.
- Fixed a case where certain users would not appear in a MyCOURT owners In MyCOURT list, making it impossible for the court owner to kick them from the court.
- In MyPARK, users will now have the default camera settings for their chosen camera angle, and will still be able to select the camera of their choosing.
- MyPLAYERs are now able to attain an overall rating of 99.
Gaming News NBA 2K17 Updates NBA All-Star Team Rosters
NBA 2K17 Updates NBA All-Star Team Rosters
2K has updated the NBA All-Star teams in NBA 2K17 with plans on updating the actual court prior to the game, scheduled on February 19 in New Orleans. Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=901677
R.B.I. Baseball 17 Cover Athlete is Corey Seager - Arrives This Spring
The R.B.I. Baseball 17 cover athlete is Corey Seager, scheduled to arrive in the spring for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 ($19.99) and mobile devices ($4.99).
- Accessible, Fast-paced, Fun: Play a full nine-inning game in under 20 minutes with easy-to-use two button controls.
- Awesome Game Modes: Season, Postseason, Exhibition and Online and Local Multiplayer, including season saving and siming capabilities.
- Authentic MLB Experience: Play with all 30 MLB teams, 30 detailed ballparks and over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes.
- Your Team, Your Way: Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I baseball rosters. Stay current with downloadable roster updates throughout the 2017 season.
- Stats: Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons.
Steep Patch 1.04 Available Now - Full Details Here
Steep patch 1.04 is available now adding quite a few new features, improvements and bug fixes. Check out the full details below. NEW FEATURES
- Welcome Dashboard - Displays the most important in-game news and suggests content for players current game session.
- Live Page Provides more info on the Steep World Tour and current series going on, as well as which Community Challenges are available to play.
- Steep World Tour A recurring competitive tournament open to all Steep players. Check out the Live Page for more details, including tournament phase and ranking information.
- Community Challenges Challenges made by the Community, for the Community! Selected trail challenges created by the community will be highlighted and made available to all players as a Community Challenge to beat. Look for them in the new Live Page!
- New Customization Items Shhh theyre a surprise! More will be revealed in due time.
- Director Mode Provides more freedom and Replay Mode options (such as camera types and ambiance) for players to get even more creative in their replay videos.
- Hide HUD And last but not least (and because you asked for it!) You now have the option to hide the HUD while riding or creating replay videos. You can toggle the HUD display by going into OPTIONS -> VIDEO.
- G-force System Weve improved the G-force system to make its function clearer and more accurate. Some riders expressed confusion concerning how/why they would fall while riding. The biggest hits will now activate the black-and-white dizziness state rather than triggering a fall, as was previously the case. The next hit, however, will trigger a fall.
- New Jump Behavior The jumping system has been...
NHL 17 Patch 3.1 Available Now, Full Details Here
EA has just released NHL 17 patch 3.1, which fixes a few issues from patch 3, released last week.
- Fixed an issue that caused Be A Pro and Franchise Modes to crash at the end of the season
- Fixed an issue that prevented HUT Contracts from refreshing in Competitive Seasons
- Fixed an issue that resulted in negative points for a win in HUT Competitive Seasons
- Fixed an issue with Willie Mitchell's Outdoor Classic Set Master item. It is now back to it's original art and will refresh.
- Fixed CCM Extreme Flex Pro 3 Blocker.
Page 1 of 41