SimHeads: Simulation Sports Gaming Forums
Simulation Sports Video Games forums, news, reviews for APF 2K8, Madden, Joe Montana 16, NBA 2K, FIFA, MLB The Show, ESPN 2K Football and more.
What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA PlayAfter a year-plus hiatus, EA showed off the return of the NBA Live franchise. This basketball series, which has been riddled with poor releases on the current and past generation of consoles, showed off a little bit of gameplay and a new mode called “The One” at this year’s E3. So what do we know about the game so far? The answer: not much. What we do know is that NBA Live seems to be going to great lengths to separate itself from its competitor. The...
E3 2017: Hands-On with Madden 18During EA PLAY in Los Angeles, Sports Gamers Online got the chance to play some Madden 18 and learn how it plays, what’s new, and what’s improved. And there’s a lot to cover, everything from graphics to controls to new types of injuries are shaping Madden 18 into something that shows a greater sense of evolution since last year. [SIZE=4][B]Overall:[/B][/SIZE] From our experience, the graphics look great. The Frostbite engine continues to shine,...
OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6)OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6) Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
Everybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New TrailerEverybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New Trailer The next installment in the Hot Shots Golf franchise will be titled on August 29. Check out the announcement trailer here. The team will be conducting a Closed Online Test towards the end of May.
Some Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been RevealedSome Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been Revealed Saber Interactive recently posted an image of some of the players on the NBA Playgrounds roster, with plans to reveal the full roster soon. NBA Playgrounds is scheduled to be released in May for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam.
MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & MoreMLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More With the ongoing frustration many MLB The Show 17 fans have had online so far this year, the team has posted a quick update for the community. While they have addressed a number of online gameplay issues, they continue to work on the outstanding...
Touchdown Armor LeagueTouchdown: Armor League Kayin Ortiz is a 60 years old Brazilian scientist, who suffered anonymity for most of his life. With great aspirations for advancing the Touchdown Armor League, he spent most of his time in his self-built lab located in his own garden. Despite the reputation for somewhat abrasive personality traits, the man was always very conscientious and thorough in his research. A few years ago, an...
Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL LicenseCanadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL License Canadian Football 2017 is scheduled to arrive in June for Xbox One for around $15. PS4 and PC release is scheduled at a later date. During a recent interview with 3DownNation, Canuck Play confirmed the game will...
Disc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus SubscribersDisc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus Subscribers As mentioned last week, Disc Jam is available now, free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. At the time of this post, it shows as $14.99, but if you place it in your cart, you will see the free pricing for PS+ members. Disc...
Mutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing DriveMutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing Drive The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol' American-style team sports. The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of...
MLB The Show 17: Diamond Dynasty Updates For 5/5/17
A limited edition, limited quantity Bases Loaded Pack was released today that coincides with a new Player Epic Mission for a Monthly Awards Eric Thames. The mission revolves around collecting all six Monthy Awards players (Jason Vargas, Ryan Zimmerman, Mike Leake, Aaron Judge, Chris Owings and Mitch Haniger). The pack costs 20K Stubs and is limited to one per person -- it's wise to realize only the Aaron Judge and Ryan Zimmerman will make the purchase worth your while. Otherwise, it's best to just go and bite the bullet to buy each card on the Marketplace. The Mitch Haniger is the one card not in these packs, instead he costs 1,400 Tickets and you must be at least a Silver Level 50 to acquire the card. There are also a bunch of other little additions to Diamond Dynasty. In the Ticket Counter, you will find a Breakout Orel Hershiser (2,300 Tickets, Gold Level 1) and a Breakout Dale Murphy (500 Tickets, Bronze Level 50). There are also a bunch of new Breakout cards that have been added to the mode overall. These are most likely to help you with the Doug Drabek Program, which revolves around using Breakout pitchers, as well as the Monthly Ranked Seasons Missions that partially revolve around doing particular things with Breakout/Flashback hitters. These players include Breakout Rich Gossage (90 overall), Breakout Jack McDowell (90), Breakout Chase Headley (94), Breakout Ian Kennedy (89), Breakout Steve Cishek (89), Breakout John Danks (85), Breakout Marco Estrada (85), Breakout Brad Boxberger (84), Breakout Logan Forsythe (83) and Breakout Didi Gregorius (82). Some new Time Limited Missions were also added today. They all revolve around particular weekend matchups but don't seem particularly worthwhile, with the rewards for each one just being a specific MLB stadium. Finally, there was a roster update today, which led to...
NBA Playgrounds Releases on May 9 For $20, New Details & Gameplay Video NBA Playgrounds is scheduled to release on May 9 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Windows PC for $20. Polygon has posted quite a few new details about the game, some of them we've listed below. Be sure to read the full article here.
- Over 300 different dunks
- Lottery Pick meter gives the user a random special ability for a limited time
- Can be played by four people in the same room
- Online 2-player head to head will be available at launch, 4-player update coming soon after launch
- Post-release roster updates
- Progression mechanic unlocks the entire roster gradually
- Packs unlock players, each pack contains 5 players, you start off with 3 packs. THERE ARE NO MICROTRANSACTIONS!
- Dunk contest and a three-point contest are scheduled to release at a later date
- Charles Barkley and Kobe Bryant will NOT be on the roster
MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.05 Seems to Have Improved the Game The MLB The Show 17 patch v1.05 hit your consoles yesterday and thus far, the community is reporting some good things with the newest patch. Heres a round-up:
- Quick Counts and pitchers being pulled has largely been fixed. Theres still some instances people are reporting where pitchers may be getting pulled too soon but overall the game is delivering a much more realistic experience here.
- Similarly, pitchers arent pulled nearly as fast in managed games either. The whole management system of when a pitcher is pulled seems to have been improved quite a bit.
- The bat sound has been fixed and sounds much better. (Thank goodness).
- Some are reporting home runs are the same as theyve ever been, which wasnt addressed in the patch but community members have shown some concern HRs are too frequent in this years game.
- Bunting is much improved, less frequent more rocket bunts are being reported though theyre still there. As one note, its likely rocket bunts are more frequent with players who are bad at bunting vs. those who are good.
- There was some work done on the balls in the dirt/catcher throwing runners out that wasnt mentioned in the patch notes. It seems most still feel this isnt quite right, but some reports of improvement were mentioned.
- Online play issues continue at least off and on for suers. There are some structural things like pause time getting some complaints as well. As for the servers, there are still reports of having issues with lag and freezes but by most accounts the game seems ahead of where it was a couple of weeks ago.
MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Patch Notes Included MLB The Show 17 patch 1.05 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts. Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=908265
Old Time Hockey Delivers an Experience for Hardcore Puck Fans Only
As a fan of old-school hockey games, I was very excited to try V7 Entertainments Old Time Hockey. It appeared to be everything I loved about the NHL games of the early '90s, and I was anxious to see how it compared. Read More - Old Time Hockey Delivers an Experience for Hardcore Puck Fans Only MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2741
Gaming News MLB The Show 17 – Juan Marichal Review
Today I’m taking a look at the new 85 rated Rookie Legend Juan Marichal in MLB The Show 17. This card was released to Diamond Dynasty on April 14th available through the Ticket Counter’s Level 50 addition. It will be one of three cards rotated through that level every few days and carries a cost of 700 tickets. He is not available to purchase from the marketplace. It’s a nicely rounded card overall. Marichal doesn’t have any outstanding attributes but also doesn’t have any glaring negatives. His pitching repertoire includes the ever-elusive Screwball to go along with a 4-Seamer, Curveball, Changeup and Slider. Pro’s – Unique pitch mix – All five pitches have above-average break ratings – High stamina Con’s – Slow pitching meter will take a few innings to get used to – Curveball, Changeup and Slider velocities all very similar If you are looking for a well rounded starting pitcher you could definitely do worse than this card. Also, with it being both a Rookie Series and Legend Series card, it will contribute towards stat collection for multiple missions while in use. Make sure to check out the video below for my full review. If there is a particular card you would like me to review next, make sure to hit me up on Twitter @SnaggleJ. Continue reading...
New NHL 17 Roster Updated Adds McAvoy, Boeser & Keller
A new NHL 17 roster update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, adding Charlie McAvoy, Brock Boeser and Clayton Keller. There may be a few others added, so make sure to check them out. Roster Update Download Instructions*:
- In the NHL 17 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by 'Date & Time' under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters
MX vs. ATV 2017 Official Track Edition Available Now
MX vs. ATV 2017 Official Track Edition is available now for $39.99 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Includes
- Full game MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore with over 35 tracks
- Plus 16 official tracks from the Supercross Championship season 2017
- More than twice as many tracks as the original MX vs. ATV Supercross
- Rhythm Racing mode: Drag race your friends on straight dirt tracks filled with obstacles and jumps
- Free Ride mode for racing without boundaries
- All new gear and graphics kits
- Over 60 professional riders to race against
- More than 80 licensed motocross companies for maximum authenticity
Press Row Podcast - MLB The Show 17 Review Roundtable
Coming off a win by MLB The Show 16 of the Press Row Podcast Sports Game of the Year Award, MLB The Show 17 reaches the marketplace with naturally high expectations. The series went big with Ken Griffey Jr. on the cover and found within various modes of play in the game, story-like elements for Road to the Show, new simulation features for Franchise Mode, and more content in Diamond Dynasty which looks to remain the consumer-favorite team-building mode. Server issues however have plagued the game since release marring what otherwise would have been widely-favorable impressions. This super-sized episode of the Press Row Podcast features a full panel of the best evaluators of sports video games in the business examining all major aspects of MLB The Show 17. Joining us this week:
Gaming News MLB The Show 17 OSFM Rosters V1 Available Now
MLB The Show 17 OSFM Rosters V1 Available Now
Just in case you haven't visited the roster forums for MLB The Show 17, Operation Sports Full Minors (OSFM) rosters V1 are available now. Find them in the roster vault under the following name: PSN - Ridindwnkingsley Make sure to give Ridin and the crew some love in the thread! Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=906788
Page 3 of 45