SimHeads: Simulation Sports Gaming Forums
Simulation Sports Video Games forums, news, reviews for APF 2K8, Madden, Joe Montana 16, NBA 2K, FIFA, MLB The Show, ESPN 2K Football and more.
What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA PlayAfter a year-plus hiatus, EA showed off the return of the NBA Live franchise. This basketball series, which has been riddled with poor releases on the current and past generation of consoles, showed off a little bit of gameplay and a new mode called “The One” at this year’s E3. So what do we know about the game so far? The answer: not much. What we do know is that NBA Live seems to be going to great lengths to separate itself from its competitor. The...
E3 2017: Hands-On with Madden 18During EA PLAY in Los Angeles, Sports Gamers Online got the chance to play some Madden 18 and learn how it plays, what’s new, and what’s improved. And there’s a lot to cover, everything from graphics to controls to new types of injuries are shaping Madden 18 into something that shows a greater sense of evolution since last year. [SIZE=4][B]Overall:[/B][/SIZE] From our experience, the graphics look great. The Frostbite engine continues to shine,...
OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6)OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6) Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
Everybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New TrailerEverybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New Trailer The next installment in the Hot Shots Golf franchise will be titled on August 29. Check out the announcement trailer here. The team will be conducting a Closed Online Test towards the end of May.
Some Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been RevealedSome Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been Revealed Saber Interactive recently posted an image of some of the players on the NBA Playgrounds roster, with plans to reveal the full roster soon. NBA Playgrounds is scheduled to be released in May for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam.
MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & MoreMLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More With the ongoing frustration many MLB The Show 17 fans have had online so far this year, the team has posted a quick update for the community. While they have addressed a number of online gameplay issues, they continue to work on the outstanding...
Touchdown Armor LeagueTouchdown: Armor League Kayin Ortiz is a 60 years old Brazilian scientist, who suffered anonymity for most of his life. With great aspirations for advancing the Touchdown Armor League, he spent most of his time in his self-built lab located in his own garden. Despite the reputation for somewhat abrasive personality traits, the man was always very conscientious and thorough in his research. A few years ago, an...
Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL LicenseCanadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL License Canadian Football 2017 is scheduled to arrive in June for Xbox One for around $15. PS4 and PC release is scheduled at a later date. During a recent interview with 3DownNation, Canuck Play confirmed the game will...
Disc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus SubscribersDisc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus Subscribers As mentioned last week, Disc Jam is available now, free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. At the time of this post, it shows as $14.99, but if you place it in your cart, you will see the free pricing for PS+ members. Disc...
Mutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing DriveMutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing Drive The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol' American-style team sports. The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of...
MLB The Show 17 Video - Franchise Mode Improvements
GameStop has just posted another MLB The Show 17 video, this one features some of the improvements in Franchise mode. More details will be revealed in the vlog scheduled for tomorrow and the Twitch stream on Thursday. Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=904041
Gaming News Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year
Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year
If you know me, you'll know I've been totally hooked on Pro Evolution Soccer 2017 for the past few months. While I've often enjoyed releases by Konami in its long-running series, the latest entry is the only title that has gripped me like the franchise did in its heyday, back when it was pumping out dominant iterations on a yearly basis for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. I'm not biased towards PES or FIFA. I've adored both franchises with varying degrees of passion over the past 20 years, and at present, I enjoy them both. That said, I've found myself more enticed by Konami's game over the past few months, and I want to take this opportunity to discuss why PES 2017 emerged as my surprise game of the year. Read More - Why PES 2017 Was My Game of the Year MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2704
Gaming News MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good
MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good
With the first month of the MLB The Show 17s Twitch streams in the books, one thing is abundantly clear: Sony San Diego has gone to great lengths to dramatically improve the lone perennial baseball game on the market. Previous iterations, especially as the game got its footing on the PlayStation 4, felt more incremental than material in terms of innovation. However, the 2016 version saw huge leaps in animations, innovative ideas like Conquest Mode, and improved visuals and overall gameplay. The Show carries a well-deserved pedigree of innovation that speaks volumes about how in-depth sports video games can be and how vital it is for developers to absorb fan feedback. They are a living, breathing reminder that console/license exclusivity is not such a bad thing. As it stands right now, MLB The Show 17 looks like it could be something special. For those who have not caught up with the streams (check them out) that have been condensed and archived, here are a host of improvements big and small that could actually make MLB The Show 17 stand out. Read More - MLB The Show 17 Is Looking Good MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2702
Gaming News Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions
Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions
Shortly after my Throwback Thursday article on Mutant League Football, the sports gaming gods answered all of our prayers. One of the most beloved sports games of the early '90s, is finally getting remade. Thanks to the help of a bunch of die-hard fans, creator Michael Mendheim was able to reach his $60,000 Kickstarter goal. If you have yet to donate and are still interested in doing so, click the link here. After making a small donation to MFLs Kickstarter, I received a code to play the game in pre-alpha. Here are my thoughts on a very, very early build of Mutant Football League (MFL). Read More - Mutant Football League Pre-Alpha Impressions MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=2694
Forza Motorsport 6 Content Update Arrives Today, Improvements For eSports & Forza RC
Turn10 Studios has released another Forza Motorsport 6 content update today, bringing even more flexibility and features to the game. This update is designed to enhance the multiplayer and spectating experiences in Forza Motorsport 6, for eSports and more specifically the second season of the Forza Racing Championship (ForzaRC). Hosting & Manual Grid Ordering With todays update, a player who starts an online private lobby in multiplayer has hosting privileges which allows them to take advantage of new features. First up, there is now a manual method for ordering the grid before a race begins. When in a private online lobby, the host can manually set the grid order for a race. To do so, select Game Options from the menu and then scroll to the Advanced Rules screen and look for the Grid Ordering option. From there, you can choose Manual from the list of options. With Manual grid ordering, the host has the option to manually place lobby players in any order by moving them up and down the grid order with the Right Stick. Note that lobby players who are set to Spectate when a race begins will automatically be pushed to the end of the order, while participating racers will move up the grid order accordingly. Once the grid has been organized, the host sets the race to begin by pressing the X button. Just before loading into the race after the countdown, players will be presented with a final confirmation screen. From this screen, the host can make any final adjustments to the grid order (once again using the right stick), cancel the launch, or start the race. Grid Preview Now you can get a detailed view of the starting grid before the race begins. The host of a private lobby can take advantage of...
Rocket League Patch 1.29 Available Now, Adds PS4 Pro 4K Support & More
Rocket League patch 1.29 is available now, adding 4K support for the PlayStation 4 Pro. Check out some of the details below, full patch notes are at the official website.
- The Hot Wheels Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker Battle-Cars are now available for purchase in the Showroom
- Rocket League now supports PS4 Pro with 4K rendering
- Players Choice Crate Series 1 has been added. This crate includes community favorite items voted on by the players
Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below. Gameplay
- Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
- Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
- Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
- Fixed issue where QBs could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
- Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
- Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
- Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
- Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
- Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
- Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
- Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
- Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
- Fixed a variety of players freezing issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
- Tuned up fumble chances on precision dive over top and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
- Fixed an issue where...
NBA 2K17 Patch 1.08 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
NBA 2K17 patch 1.08 is available now on the PlayStation 4. Once we confirm it is available on the Xbox One, we will update this post. Check out the patch notes below. GENERAL
- Fixed an issue that would cause some users to sit on the team logo screen during startup for an extended period of time.
- Corrected a case where users were able to upgrade their MyPLAYER outside of the constraints of their selected archetype.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing offensive strategies from running properly during gameplay.
- Difficulty level for MyTEAM Play With Friends games has been changed to All-Star.
- Fixed a case where some Grand Badges were incorrectly negating the effectiveness of other Grand Badges they should not have.
- Addressed a hang that could occur during a Park After Dark event when leaving and re-entering the event.
- Fixed a case where certain users would not appear in a MyCOURT owners In MyCOURT list, making it impossible for the court owner to kick them from the court.
- In MyPARK, users will now have the default camera settings for their chosen camera angle, and will still be able to select the camera of their choosing.
- MyPLAYERs are now able to attain an overall rating of 99.
Gaming News NBA 2K17 Updates NBA All-Star Team Rosters
NBA 2K17 Updates NBA All-Star Team Rosters
2K has updated the NBA All-Star teams in NBA 2K17 with plans on updating the actual court prior to the game, scheduled on February 19 in New Orleans. Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=901677
Page 5 of 45