SimHeads: Simulation Sports Gaming Forums
Simulation Sports Video Games forums, news, reviews for APF 2K8, Madden, Joe Montana 16, NBA 2K, FIFA, MLB The Show, ESPN 2K Football and more.
What We Learned About NBA Live 18 At EA PlayAfter a year-plus hiatus, EA showed off the return of the NBA Live franchise. This basketball series, which has been riddled with poor releases on the current and past generation of consoles, showed off a little bit of gameplay and a new mode called “The One” at this year’s E3. So what do we know about the game so far? The answer: not much. What we do know is that NBA Live seems to be going to great lengths to separate itself from its competitor. The...
E3 2017: Hands-On with Madden 18During EA PLAY in Los Angeles, Sports Gamers Online got the chance to play some Madden 18 and learn how it plays, what’s new, and what’s improved. And there’s a lot to cover, everything from graphics to controls to new types of injuries are shaping Madden 18 into something that shows a greater sense of evolution since last year. [SIZE=4][B]Overall:[/B][/SIZE] From our experience, the graphics look great. The Frostbite engine continues to shine,...
OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6)OS Weekly Wrap Up, Getting You Caught Up on Sports Gaming News (Apr 30 - May 6) Every Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
Everybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New TrailerEverybody's Golf Arrives on August 29 For PlayStation 4 - Watch The New Trailer The next installment in the Hot Shots Golf franchise will be titled on August 29. Check out the announcement trailer here. The team will be conducting a Closed Online Test towards the end of May.
Some Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been RevealedSome Players From The NBA Playgrounds Roster Have Been Revealed Saber Interactive recently posted an image of some of the players on the NBA Playgrounds roster, with plans to reveal the full roster soon. NBA Playgrounds is scheduled to be released in May for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and Steam.
MLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & MoreMLB The Show 17 Team Provides Update to Server Issues, Online Franchises & More With the ongoing frustration many MLB The Show 17 fans have had online so far this year, the team has posted a quick update for the community. While they have addressed a number of online gameplay issues, they continue to work on the outstanding...
Touchdown Armor LeagueTouchdown: Armor League Kayin Ortiz is a 60 years old Brazilian scientist, who suffered anonymity for most of his life. With great aspirations for advancing the Touchdown Armor League, he spent most of his time in his self-built lab located in his own garden. Despite the reputation for somewhat abrasive personality traits, the man was always very conscientious and thorough in his research. A few years ago, an...
Canadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL LicenseCanadian Football 2017 Scheduled to Arrive in June - Quick Play Only, No CFL License Canadian Football 2017 is scheduled to arrive in June for Xbox One for around $15. PS4 and PC release is scheduled at a later date. During a recent interview with 3DownNation, Canuck Play confirmed the game will...
Disc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus SubscribersDisc Jam Available Now, Free For PlayStation Plus Subscribers As mentioned last week, Disc Jam is available now, free for PlayStation Plus subscribers. At the time of this post, it shows as $14.99, but if you place it in your cart, you will see the free pricing for PS+ members. Disc...
Mutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing DriveMutant Football League Kickstarts Game Finishing Drive The classic Mutant League Football game, released in 1993 by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis, was a #1 bestseller and garnered a loyal cult following for its blend of monsters, mayhem, and good ol' American-style team sports. The reborn and modernized Mutant Football League is a 7-on-7 arcade-style, fully 3D sports video game where creatures of...
R.B.I. Baseball 17 Cover Athlete is Corey Seager - Arrives This Spring
The R.B.I. Baseball 17 cover athlete is Corey Seager, scheduled to arrive in the spring for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 ($19.99) and mobile devices ($4.99).
- Accessible, Fast-paced, Fun: Play a full nine-inning game in under 20 minutes with easy-to-use two button controls.
- Awesome Game Modes: Season, Postseason, Exhibition and Online and Local Multiplayer, including season saving and siming capabilities.
- Authentic MLB Experience: Play with all 30 MLB teams, 30 detailed ballparks and over 1,000 MLB Players with detailed attributes.
- Your Team, Your Way: Modify your lineup with complete MLB rosters or play classic R.B.I baseball rosters. Stay current with downloadable roster updates throughout the 2017 season.
- Stats: Track your season stats by team, player and league leaders across multiple seasons.
Steep Patch 1.04 Available Now - Full Details Here
Steep patch 1.04 is available now adding quite a few new features, improvements and bug fixes. Check out the full details below. NEW FEATURES
- Welcome Dashboard - Displays the most important in-game news and suggests content for players current game session.
- Live Page Provides more info on the Steep World Tour and current series going on, as well as which Community Challenges are available to play.
- Steep World Tour A recurring competitive tournament open to all Steep players. Check out the Live Page for more details, including tournament phase and ranking information.
- Community Challenges Challenges made by the Community, for the Community! Selected trail challenges created by the community will be highlighted and made available to all players as a Community Challenge to beat. Look for them in the new Live Page!
- New Customization Items Shhh theyre a surprise! More will be revealed in due time.
- Director Mode Provides more freedom and Replay Mode options (such as camera types and ambiance) for players to get even more creative in their replay videos.
- Hide HUD And last but not least (and because you asked for it!) You now have the option to hide the HUD while riding or creating replay videos. You can toggle the HUD display by going into OPTIONS -> VIDEO.
- G-force System Weve improved the G-force system to make its function clearer and more accurate. Some riders expressed confusion concerning how/why they would fall while riding. The biggest hits will now activate the black-and-white dizziness state rather than triggering a fall, as was previously the case. The next hit, however, will trigger a fall.
- New Jump Behavior The jumping system has been...
NHL 17 Patch 3.1 Available Now, Full Details Here
EA has just released NHL 17 patch 3.1, which fixes a few issues from patch 3, released last week.
- Fixed an issue that caused Be A Pro and Franchise Modes to crash at the end of the season
- Fixed an issue that prevented HUT Contracts from refreshing in Competitive Seasons
- Fixed an issue that resulted in negative points for a win in HUT Competitive Seasons
- Fixed an issue with Willie Mitchell's Outdoor Classic Set Master item. It is now back to it's original art and will refresh.
- Fixed CCM Extreme Flex Pro 3 Blocker.
Madden NFL 17 Patch #9 Available Now, Full Details Here
Madden NFL 17 patch #9 has just arrived, check out the full details below. Madden Ultimate Team
- Added a new tile to MUT Seasons that displays your Season progress including past opponents and scores.
- Added Playoff presentation and night games to MUT Seasons.
- Added visual feedback whenever certain chemistry abilities are used in MUT.
- Addressed a bug that would not show you the low contract flow when exiting a MUT Seasons game.
- Fixed an exploit that would let users block field goals at a high rate.
- Added user presentation banners that display whenever a successful skill move is performed.
The Golf Club VR Patch 1.07 Available, Full Details Here
HB Studios have released The Golf Club VR patch 1.07, check out the full details below. Currently the game is only available on PC via Steam, compatible with the HTC Vive.
The past two weeks we have been putting a lot of focus on the gameplay physics and club tuning based on community feedback. With this update youre going to see a big difference in the way the ball lands and rolls on the greens. We have addressed the issue of the ball shooting backwards with back spin and stopping abruptly, you should also see better bounces. We have also made individual tuning to each club for Casual and Amateur difficulties.
- Addressed clipping issues with the range finder.
- Addressed crashes that were reported by users.
- Addressed issues progressing through the tutorial.
- Replaced missing textures so there should be no more pink boxes.
Gaming News New NHL 17 Roster Update Available (12-15)
New NHL 17 Roster Update Available (12-15)
Another NHL 17 roster update is available now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, updating the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, QMJHL, NLA, DEL, LIIGA, SHL and EXTRALIGA. You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below. GOING UP
- Connor McDavid +4 (Overall 92)
- Devan Dubnyk +2 (Overall 90)
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson +1 (Overall 90)
- Tuukka Rask +1 (Overall 90)
- Nikita Kucherov +2 (Overall 90)
- Mark Scheifele +2 (Overall 89)
- Brad Marchand +1 (Overall 88)
- Alex Galchenyuk +1 (Overall 88)
- Jeff Skinner +1 (Overall 87)
- Nick Foligno +1 (Overall 87)
- Artemi Panarin +1 (Overall 87)
- Cam Atkinson +2 (Overall 87)
- Auston Matthews +1 (Overall 86)
- Semyon Varlamov -2 (Overall 88)
- Artemi Panarin -1 (Overall 87)
- Sean Monahan -1 (Overall 87)
- Boone Jenner -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Plekanec -1 (Overall 86)
- Kyle Palmieri -1 (Overall 86)
- Tomas Tatar -1 (Overall 86)
- Brandon Dubinsky -1 (Overall 86)
- Steve Mason -2 (Overall 86)
- In the NHL 17 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by 'Date & Time' under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters
Last weekend at Sony’s latest PlayStation Experience event we were trated to the first meaty trailer for MLB The Show 17. Some of the interesting tidbits found in the trailer include a new historical stadium (Yankee Stadium 1973-2008), new legends (Roberto Alomar and Jason Giambi in addition to Ken Griffey Jr.), and a glimpse at the brand new ‘Retro Mode.’ In this segment from Bullpen Banter, my weekly broadcast centered on MLB The Show, I’m joined by Operation Sports moderator MillenniumOS and SnaggleJ to sort through the trailer and point out every detail of interest to fans of the series that can be identified. You can watch the entire episode of Bullpen Banter on YouTube.com/ThatSportsGamer and check out the show live on Twitch every Monday night at 10ET. Continue reading...
Gaming News Handball 17 Review (PC)
Handball 17 Review (PC)
It's always pleasing to see virtually underrepresented sports getting full-blown game releases in this day and age. In the case of Handball 17, the game marks the second iteration of a re-branded series that got off to a disappointingly rocky start 12 months ago, suffering a generally negative reception from critics and fans alike. Read More - Handball 17 Review (PC) - Written by: Fraser Gilbert Steve_OS http://www.operationsports.com/review.php?id=851
Gaming News PES 2017 PS4 Pro 4K Update Available Now
November 25, 2016 Topic Discussion: What Do We Mean By Sim?
Sim is a tough word to define. When you think you've figured 'sim' out, the definition is presented in a different way by someone else and you are left starting all over again on a quest to understand it. My journey started in the earlier days of sports gaming with sim meaning something akin to balance and avoiding taking advantages of a game's unfixable flaws which created imbalances. It also meant forcing yourself to do crazy things like have to run the ball in Madden. Today, with games a lot more balanced (but not perfectly so) it seems to be morphing into another definition entirely. Balance is still key, avoiding some flaws and money plays is still important, but the overall thought of 'simness' seems to be a little different than it was before. I typically use a self-LOL inducing phrase, 'not sim' when something extraordinary happens in sports these days. Kevin Love gets 34 points in a quarter? Not sim. Some of the Big XII offenses of the past few years? Definitely not sim. Aroldis Chapman throwing 105 mph? Nah, not sim. But yes, they're all real events that really happen in sports. The unexpected becomes the expected quite often, which is why many of us keep coming back to sports in the first place. So what about you? How do you handle the sports uncertainty principle while still desiring a simulation experience? Where do you draw the line at sim vs. not sim? Sound off in the comments! MMChrisS http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=897742
Page 6 of 45