Rosters Player Name Problem (Offline Mode on 360)

Discussion in 'APF 2K Rosters' started by Kanobi, May 31, 2016.

1. Kanobi

Kanobi Rookie

Ok guys, so I've been working on rosters for 2015-2016 season (will update these later...a few weeks into regular seaon) and ran into a problem that's bugging me.

It's a maddening player name issue that, everytime I try to correct it, it gets worse and spreads like some sort of plague.

Here's an example: Let's say after edits, I save my file as follows:

LB Von Miller
    LB Demarcus Ware
    LB Shane Ray

After loading the file into the game in playing, I notice Miller's name is jacked up: "OnMillerarcus"

Ok, so I open the file int the editor to correct it and see the issue:

LB OnMillerarcus
    LB Demarcus Ware
    LB Shane Ray

I correct Miller's name, Save the file, then open to see if the error is corrected but now I have this

LB MillarcusVon
    LB IllerWareVonRay
    LB AneMillVonarcus

It keeps getting worse every time I correct it!! Is there a way to fix it? Do I have to fix it with a Hex Editor? If so, how do I do it?

Any help would be much appreciated
  2. King Javo

King Javo Administrator Staff Member

Interesting... did you start with a default file or another file? Also, were you copy/pasting right before this name issue appeared?
  3. Kanobi

Kanobi Rookie

- No, I started with an old Ratesports file from 2014. I tried working from scratch but ran into too many issues and got frustrated. The Ratesports file let me focus names, equip, atts and abilities.

- No, didn't copy and paste. Every player on the team was edited within the profile that was there.

- Push come to shove I will just redo the Broncos. For now the issue is at the CB position with scrambled names.
  4. Kanobi

Kanobi Rookie

Here's a pic:

Attached Files:

5. King Javo

King Javo Administrator Staff Member

It's probably because you used the Ratesports file. That file was manually hexed and is not clean. It's best to start with a fresh default file.