King Javo's Sliders

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
Someone asked, so here is what I use. It makes for a realistic game stats wise, yet still somewhat challenging.

Difficulty

Human block - 10
Human pass - 15
Human run - 5
Human catch - 58
Human coverage - 90
Human Pursuit - 93
Human tackling - 15
Human Kicking - 15
Human fatigue - 30

CPU block - 10
CPU pass - 15
CPU run - 5
CPU catch - 58
CPU coverage - 90
CPU Pursuit - 93
CPU tackling - 15
CPU kicking - 15
CPU fatigue - 30

Injury - 60
Fumble - 100
Interception - 95

Penalties

Neutral zone infraction - 35
Defensive Pass Interference - 35
Offensive Pass Interference - 100
Offensive Holding - 100
Defensive Holding - 35
Clipping - 35
Roughing the Passer - 0
Roughing the Kicker - 65
Late Hit - 0
Ineligible Receiver downfield - 75
Face Mask - 25

EDIT *** Made some changes.
The changes are in bold

I just updated these to May 31st 2010.

Here are some penalty slider breakdowns that really might help those that still want to mess with the game. I've given up on trying to find that perfect slider combo.

1. Neutral zone infraction - not much it does help in terms of how the defense lines up at the line of scrimmage and their ability to jump the snap.

A - Lower the slider and the defense lines up closer to the line of scrimmage and at times they will get a betterjump on the snap.
B - Raise the slider and the defense lines up farther away from the line of scrimmage and will not get as good a jump on the snap.

2. Defensive pass interference - This actually has some real good effects on the game

A - LOWER the slider and the defense plays the ball on passes much more aggressively
B - RAISE the slider and the defense plays very passive on the ball.

3. Offensive pass interference - This actually has some real good effects on the game

A - LOWER the slider and the offense plays the ball on passes much more aggressively
B - RAISE the slider and the offense plays very passive on the ball.

4. Offensive holding - This slider provides a very big change in the gameplay blocking department.

A - Raise the slider and the O-line gives up the edge when blocking. They don't square up their blocks as well, thus giving up more penetration.
B - Lower slider and the O-line squares up blocks much more frequently making it more difficult for the defensive lineman to get penetration.

5. Defensive holding - this has a strong effect on the coverage.

A - Raise the slider and the defensive secondary (especially corners) back off the line of scrimmage.
B - Lower the slider and the defensive secondary (especially corners) move up to the line of scrimmage.

6. Clipping - ???

7. Roughing the passer - helps the AI finish off more sacks but if you raise the slider the AI will back off more in order to prevent getting called for a penalty.

8. Roughing the kicker - same as the QB

9. Late hit - same as the 2 above. Only a slight difference in that the AI will go for bigger hits and will be slightly more aggressive.

10. Ineligible Receiver down field - This has a huge effect on O-line play

A - Raise the slider and the o-line uses more double team blocks on the dlineman and does a much better job of blocking at the line of scrimmage since they will not go down field and risk a penalty.
B - Lower the slider and the o-line uses less double team blocks on the dlineman and will go down field into the second level to take on defenders much more often since they have no fear of drawing a penalty.

EDIT - Sorry made some mistakes, some of the details were accidentally switched. The mistakes that were switched are in bold.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/apf-2k-sliders/256575-all-pro-sliders.html

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
Another set from jyoung on OS...

"Fast" game speed is the most realistic.

I don't have an Xbox 360 to check anymore, but I think this is what I was using for sliders?

Human Blocking - 25
Human Passing - 25
Human Running - 15
Human Catching - 25
Human Coverage - 90
Human Pursuit - 90
Human Tackling - 90
Human Kicking - 25
Human Fatigue - 27

CPU Blocking - 75
CPU Passing - 75
CPU Running - 75
CPU Catching - 75
CPU Coverage - 90
CPU Pursuit - 90
CPU Tackling - 90
CPU Kicking - 75
CPU Fatigue - 50

Injury - 100
Fumble - 100
Interception - 90

Zach

Rookie
Someone asked, so here is what I use. It makes for a realistic game stats wise, yet still somewhat challenging.

Difficulty

Human block - 10
Human pass - 15
Human run - 5
Human catch - 58
Human coverage - 90
Human Pursuit - 93
Human tackling - 15
Human Kicking - 15
Human fatigue - 30

CPU block - 10
CPU pass - 15
CPU run - 5
CPU catch - 58
CPU coverage - 90
CPU Pursuit - 93
CPU tackling - 15
CPU kicking - 15
CPU fatigue - 30

Injury - 60
Fumble - 100
Interception - 95

Penalties

Neutral zone infraction - 35
Defensive Pass Interference - 35
Offensive Pass Interference - 100
Offensive Holding - 100
Defensive Holding - 35
Clipping - 35
Roughing the Passer - 0
Roughing the Kicker - 65
Late Hit - 0
Ineligible Receiver downfield - 75
Face Mask - 25
With these sliders, what quarter length/accelerated clock set up do you use?