GillBoldberg's NFL 2K5 Roster

2016-17 Is HERE!

- All players have been edited, physical attributes (speed, agility, strength, jumping) are all based on combine/pro day numbers. Other ratings are based off my own formulas and Madden ratings (scaled down)

- NO hex editing is in this file right now. During testing it seems that changing the Rams to "LA" causes issues with the schedule in franchise mode. Needs more testing so maybe in a future update I'll at least hex edit the stadiums.

- Franchise mode works fine. The "stat glitch" still occurs but I have reduced the number of players effected by it.

Blocking - 20/32
Passing - 0/MAX
Running - 20/MAX
Catching - MAX/MAX
Coverage - 0/24
Pursuit - 0/0
Tackling - 0/0
Kicking - 7/20 (it seems that for the USER it only makes the meter faster or slower so the USER slider is up to you)
Fatigue - 0/0
Injury - 10
Fumble - 10
Interceptions - 0
Super Catch cheat: ON (if you see too many drops, turn this on)

What I need from you

- Feedback!
- Game box scores, stats, overall experience, etc.

Donations

As you know this is a 1 man "team". A lot of long nights and major headaches were had to try and update this game. But I love it. The rosters will always be free but if you wish to donate you can. Send the donations to nesstah(at)gmail.com via Paypal. Every cent is greatly appreciated!

(the XBOX save will be named "Gill2012" still, I don't have an xbox so I can't rename the save)

Attachments

Last edited:

rachgab

Rookie
Gill...got a used copy of the game...man, it's awesome! Very different game play mechanics from Madden NFL games. What does the EQ setting do? I noticed this in APF 2K8 too. The crib feature is really interesting...I need to start collecting those items soon!

From my understanding is the EQ kind of ignores player ratings and evens out both teams (ratings wise). So it'll give a weaker team a boost so it has a chance against a higher rated team. Kinda weird, that's why I play with it off. Some people do say it makes the game playe better, so play a few games with it on and off and see how it feels. I think the game manual has a better definition (there's a in-game manual if your copy didn't come with one, unlocks some crib stuff too!).

Can you try that again in english? haha

If you're talking about ratings, 2K4 is the most up to date. It has different ratings than this 2K5 file since it's based on last year. For rookies I use some of my formulas. Base it off a players college stats, scaled down, and the NFL combine/pro day results.

Can you try that again in english? haha

If you're talking about ratings, 2K4 is the most up to date. It has different ratings than this 2K5 file since it's based on last year. For rookies I use some of my formulas. Base it off a players college stats, scaled down, and the NFL combine/pro day results.
is there a way that i could use some your technics in a modding project im planning on working on

Blackadder

Rookie
Just let me know if you ever need an updated PS3 save of your awesome roster GB and I''ll be glad to share my friend

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
Just checking in... so is there a roster file for 2k5 in the works? I've been bouncing around from BackBreaker to APF to Fever to 2K4 and I'm landing back at the best... 2K5.

If I need to make a new editor to import 2K4's latest roster I will, but wanted to check the waters first. Let me know! :)

MADNESS77

Rookie
I love NFL 2K5 , and ive been looking at this site and other ones for years and watched tons of you tube videos on how to update the rosters to my xbox 360 , i just am not computer smart i need help cant figure out how you do it i need help some how , either someone make a video 2k5 tutorial for dummies or is there a way to usb flash drive the rosters .......please help me

Just a heads up guys. I've gone back to 2K5 this year and I've been working on a new file for this season. I'm hoping to have an initial release in about a week or so.

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
Just a heads up guys. I've gone back to 2K5 this year and I've been working on a new file for this season. I'm hoping to have an initial release in about a week or so.
You just made my day bro! If we can export this file using the other new 2K5 text tool, then I can import this into 2K4, BackBreaker, and maybe APF (even though I'm still working on a new file, I may push it as a test).

DOPE! :)

King Javo

King of APFe
Staff member
I need to get custom music on my original XBOX. Does anyone have any files or tips on where these go? I forget and could use some help if anyone knows.

You just made my day bro! If we can export this file using the other new 2K5 text tool, then I can import this into 2K4, BackBreaker, and maybe APF (even though I'm still working on a new file, I may push it as a test).

DOPE! :)
I think the tool just exports the file as a text file, so if you can implement that into the other editors or know an easy process to convert the text to the roster files that will be awesome. I only have a handful of teams left to edit so if you (or anyone else) want to test out my beta file, let me know and I'll post it here or send it to you.